What can YOU do to make Good Food For Glasgow a reality? Take a look at our top tips for organisations and businesses.
1) Help make sure everyone has access to fresh, fair, healthy, affordable food:
- Buy and cook healthy, fresh, sustainable food to sell or supply
- Explore ways to source fair trade, local, seasonal and organic produce
2) Use growing and cooking food to bring your community together:
- Support communal food breaks, to bring people together over food
- Support your employees, customers or clients to cook, eat and enjoy fresh, sustainable food
- Offer space to grow food where possible
3) Support Glasgow’s local food economy:
- Explore ways that your procurement or buying systems can support local businesses
- If you serve food, highlight where your produce comes from to those who eat it
4) Enjoy and celebrate diverse, tasty and healthy food:
- Increase the amount of healthy food available in your workplace
- Engage your employees, clients or customers in food – ask for recipes, tell them where food has come from, and hold food celebration events
5) Make sure food is good for the environment as well as people:
- Take steps to reduce food waste across your organisation
- Make sure you meet the Waste (Scotland) Regulations – recycle unavoidable food waste
- Redistribute food wherever possible
- Avoid and recycle packaging
- Support high animal welfare standards
- Choose local, seasonal, organic produce
You can also find a list of other helpful resources for food businesses HERE.
Don’t forget to sign up to the Good Food for All Charter to show your support!