Glasgow City Food Plan Consultation is now LIVE…
Between beginning of October and end of December 2020 citizens, communities, businesses and organisations in Glasgow are invited to submit their views on the proposed Glasgow City Food Plan (GCFP), using their knowledge, experience and expertise about what works and what more is needed to improve our food system.
The online consultation is now open hosted on the Glasgow City Council consultation page to enable a wide range of views to be shared. You can read the draft plan, the summary and take part in the consultation HERE. Consultation questions can be found HERE, and a summary of Actions and Outcomes can be seen HERE. We have done our best to inform people without digital access about the consultation and have sent flyers and response forms to various organisations in the city to help us with this.
We hope to engage with a wide number of people from different backgrounds during the consultation and engagement period. To help us do this, we have put together a Communications Toolkit, that is available for you to use. It includes information about the consultation with suggested tweets and images about GCFP. You can find it HERE.
We are organising a series of ENGAGEMENT EVENTS for people to get involved with. These include:
- The official launch of GCFP, which was held on the 8th October; you can read the press release HERE.
- Community Conversation about Glasgow City Food Plan took place on the 18th November.
- There are several dates for Consulting Your Community workshops coming up, and you see further details and book your place HERE.
- A targeted event for the Business Community will take place on the 8th December and further details and a booking link is available HERE.
- If you want to run your own event on the Glasgow City Food Plan, but can’t attend one of the above events, there is ‘Train the Trainer’ pack available HERE.
- You can read an article from Cate DeVine mentioning GCFP HERE.
- Blogs about GCFP for Co-Production Week Scotland are available on Co-Pro Week website and on GCPH website.
Glasgow City Council is currently finalising its Climate Emergency Implementation Plan. You can read the draft plan here and respond to the online survey. If you have any questions or comments please get in touch by emailing the team at SustainableGlasgow@glasgow.gov.uk
Glasgow Food Policy Partnership is part of a Project Team leading the development of Glasgow City Food Plan. The team consists of colleagues from Glasgow Centre for Population Health, Glasgow Food Policy Partnership, Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Community Food Network and NHSGGC.
A development day was held in December 2019 to start the development of the Plan. You can read a summary of the Development Day HERE, and the presentation slides are available HERE. You can read more about the development of the plan in the NEWS and under the following 6 themes below. There is also a link to food related short films below each theme.
Films by Zev Robinson
Films by Zev Robinson
Growing Glasgow by Zev Robinson
Making Adjustments in the year of COVID by Zev Robinson
The Extraordinary Life and Times of Strawberry by Martin Stirling
Children’s Right to Food Campaign by the Food Foundation
All “The Glasgow Diet in the Year of Covid” films by Zev Robinson can be viewed HERE.